Thursday, February 4, 2010

My first quilt swap



I have read about quilt swaps but have never found one to participate in. That has changed recently, I saw an announcement for a mini quilt swap. I kind of begged my way in and Recently received the information to begin. The theme is winter so I went to my stash to see what I had to work with and would inspire my cutting and stitching.

From the "striptease" bag that I bought recently I found the colors of a winter storm, snow and forest. It was fun to play with the fabrics and build a landscape. Then I dotted the landscape with trees... the pieces are beginning to come together. I think I originally thought that I would make a traditional quilt but that is not what the fabric spoke, rather it is an art quilt, a machine applique quilt.

As winter seems to wane here in Alabama, with the possibility of snow for the third time within a months' time the beauty of the snow within the house draws me to it. I am not sure that this piece of winter is one that I will rejoice when it passes from our sight. Other parts of the country are still very much in the midst of winter, we had a brief glimpse of spring so we know that soon it shall blow in and winter will be a season of the past.

The quilt is still in progress so the pictures are a bit of a tease of what is in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment